Monday, April 8, 2013

Surfing Cookies

It took long enough, but let's celebrate the sun FINALLY coming out after a long winter.


These were actually Christmas/Holiday cookies for some of my dad's surfing pals, but I didn't think my East Coast readers would appreciate the bragging about SoCal weather had I posted them back in December.


Hawaiian shirt cookies and edible surfboards. 


The floral print on the Hawaiian shirt cookies was done using a marbling technique. I put icing drops of one color onto the still wet base and used a toothpick to draw each dot in to make a petal. I always want to make a tutorial, but you have to work fast with this technique and I never have enough hands to keep the camera frosting-free!


The little pocket on the breast of the shirt is my favorite. 


I had fun with the surfboard designs. I just piped wavy lines and filled them in what whatever color pastry bag I was holding.  I was running out of royal icing at the end so I eeked out whatever was left and I just made it!


Don't they make you want to head to the beach and lay out in the sunshine?


Here's to springtime and summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog has moved, searching new blog...