Sunday, August 14, 2011

Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant Cake and Sankara Stone Cake Pops

Dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun. Dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun dun! A friend and I threw an extravagant Indiana Jones movie marathon complete with arts and crafts, activities, decorations, and of course themed dessert. Think paper mache boulders, blacks curtains and cobwebs everywhere, make your own duct tape whips, DIY Holy Grails, fruit punch with rubber snakes,  and a red jello blob with a "heart" inside for a dramatic kali mah reenactment. We watched all 3 movies (number 4 just doesn't count) and it was beautiful. Being the brilliant person I am, I deleted all the pictures from my camera without realizing that they were never uploaded. Uggh! Fortunately, my friends took great pictures of my desserts so I still have something nice to show you. 

 

The Ark of the Covenant cake! With red velvet insides and creamy vanilla frosting, this cake was very, very rich. I decorated it with chocolate jewels covered in luster dust and edible glitter.


The panels on the side are hand piped and made of white chocolate covered in luster dust. The little pears are edible white sugar pearls that I rolled in gold luster dust. While finishing this cake while I was sick at 1 am, I dropped the entire 8 ounce bottle of pearls on the floor. A month later, I'm still finding them EVERYWHERE!


My frind made the beautiful topper using foam board, spray paint, and a sharpie.


Ohh, shiny...


Cutting the cake.



And I made sankara stone cake pops. Easy to make, even easier to eat, and oh so cute!


3 comments:

  1. That cake is absolutely amazing!! I love it. I am hosting a recipe party at my blog if you might be interested in submitting. I'd love to have you join in the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER LIKE THIS CAKES
    http://kaderck.blogspot.com/2011/08/exciting-adventures-that-you-can-raise.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog has moved, searching new blog...