Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sesame Street Cookies

I LOVE THESE COOKIES! They're covered completely in glitter. Really, what can go wrong?


I made these Sesame Street cookies for a second birthday party. They were due the day after another huge project, so I got started early and made royal icing transfers a few days ahead of time so I would be able to take my time and make them as perfect as possible. 

First, I traced the shapes with black royal icing onto wax paper. I used a picture underneath the wax paper so I could follow the lines. 


Flood with icing on one section, dump on the glitter, and wait a few hours for the icing to dry. 


 Don't you love edible glitter?



Brush the excess off (I use a makeup brush designated for food, not cosmetics) and fill in the rest of the colors


I tie my pastry bags with twist ties so I can put them down and not worry about them exploding and making a big mess.

When they're dry, you can just peel them off the wax paper. 


Flood a cookie with any color icing and, while the icing is still wet, plop the decoration on top.

There was a little bit of bleeding because of the intense black and because they sat for a few days, but I love how they came out. 


The glitter gets everywhere, but it's worth it. 


How can you resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog has moved, searching new blog...