Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mini Mint Cupcakes

At the supermarket around the holidays, this bag of Mint Truffle Hershey's Kisses just jumped into my cart. When I got home, I decided to make cupcakes with them to keep myself from eating them all.



I made a regular chocolate cake recipe and filled mini cupcake lines with the batter. 


The kisses were plopped on top and pressed ever so slightly.  


And I just baked them normally. The cupcake puffed up around them beautifully. 



Using a regular (and delicious) chocolate buttercream, I piped spikes on top and asked my sister to toss a few green jimmies and some white nonpareils on to make them even cuter.


Don't you love the carriers?


Each box was only about a dollar (and they're reusable!) and it did an excellent job protecting the cupcakes while I was on route to the delivery site. In fact, these pictures were taken after a bumpy car ride and even the peaks still look beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog has moved, searching new blog...