Monday, June 4, 2012

More Macarons - Lemon, Strawberry, Chocolate, and Mint

I went crazy with the macarons and made about 100 little sandwiches over the course of one weekend.


 3 flavors of shells: lemon, chocolate, and strawberry.


The lemon shell was made with fresh lemon zest (easy peasy) but the strawberry was a bit more complicated.


Strawberry. I made this flavor by slicing strawberries very thin and baking the berries in the oven at a low temperature for a few hours to dehydrate them. When they were dry, I put them in the blender to turn them into intensely flavored strawberry powder and mixed that in with the macaroni batter.


3 kinds of fillings: swiss meringue butter cream, strawberry cheesecake, and chocolate mint.


The strawberry cheesecake was made using my favorite cream cheese frosting recipe and adding fresh strawberry puree.


The chocolate mint is a mint infused chocolate ganache. I soaked fresh mint leaves in simmering milk before making the ganache and combined with the dark chocolate it was the perfect hint of flavor.


These french macarons were gobbled up in no time.


They have a fabulous crunch on the outside but are soft and almost cake-like on the inside. 


 After 100 of these, I think I'm done with macarons for at least the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog has moved, searching new blog...