Monday, May 7, 2012

My Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Birthday Cake!

It was my birthday last month, so of course I made myself a cake. And yes, I do make my own birthday cakes. I wouldn't have it any other way. 
 

 My suitemates did make me a brownie cake though, and that was pretty awesome. 


 Anyways, this towering little cake is red velvet. 


4 layers: two with mini chocolate chips and 2 without. 


That's a HUGE glop of chocolate ganache on top. Then I dumped some chocolate chips on it. 


Why? Because I can. 


The pink frosting, by the way, is cream cheese. So easy to make and oh so delicious. I didn't take any pictures of the insides because we were too busy eating it. It was my birthday, cut me some slack!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love the red velvet with chocolate chips! Have a fabulous day Maddie! Come check us out if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete

Blog has moved, searching new blog...